*UPDATE: Casual Dining 2021 Schedule:
The Casual Dining group usually meets 11 times in a calendar year, nine times in people’s homes. Under the current (March 2021) Covid–19 restrictions we can safely meet only twice for our usual summer waterfront park potlucks:
- July 8 at Meaford’s Memorial Park @ 5:30 PM
- August 12 at Thornbury’s Bayview Park @ 5:30 PM
Registration will be required and the number of participants may be capped. Details regarding social distancing and other safety measures will be forthcoming closer to the meeting dates.
Our hope is that when September rolls around, all members of our friendly group will have been fully vaccinated and government restrictions eased so we can safely return to meeting in each other’s dining rooms.
WHEN: Second Thursday of every month except December. September to June - organized meals; July and August - potluck.
WHERE: Nine times a year at participants’ homes + two summer potlucks for the entire group at Meaford and Thornbury waterfront parks.
TIME: Normally 6:00 for hors d’oeuvres and drinks, aiming at a 7:00 dinner.
HOST provides the main course:
This could be meat, poultry, fish or vegetarian.
GUESTS provide the other dishes:
Guests coordinate with the host about bringing an appetizer, salad, vegetable, or dessert – mostly your choice but if that item has already been spoken for by another guest, the host may ask you for something else.
- Typically there are four host houses. Marge keeps a chart of who is where so each month we eat with different people.
- Normally you will host twice a year.
- If you feel your place is too small (table for eight is the preferred minimum), team up with a friend!
COORDINATORS: Marge and Dave Allin